Public Update: Visitor Restrictions Lifting at SLMHC
As the province of Ontario has entered Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen, here at Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) we are lifting some of the visitor restrictions in place.
At the Hospital site:
- General visiting may resume for our inpatients. Outpatients can bring an essential care partner with them for any appointments at the hospital or when coming into the Emergency Department.
- Everyone entering the hospital must continue to come through screening, perform hand hygiene and wear a mask. All visitors and essential care partners must pass screening.
- No more than two (2) visitors at a time in patient room, with exceptions permitted for family members of palliative patients at the discretion of the health care team.
- Visitors for inpatients may enter at either the Main Entrance or the Emergency Entrance.
- Outpatients and their essential care partner should continue using the Main Entrance (next to the Hostel).
- At this time, the Ambulatory Entrance remains closed.
- The cafeteria will continue to be open to patients/essential care partners for take-out only.
At the William A. George Extended Care facility:
- Residents may have one (1) essential caregiver for indoor visits.
- Residents may have up to two (2) general visitors and an essential caregiver for outdoor visits.
- Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained between general visitors and residents.
- All visitors (indoor and outdoor) must wear a mask and all visits must be prescheduled. This can be done by calling 737-3030 ext. 4577.
While entering Step One in Ontario is exciting, SLMHC reminds its staff, physicians, visitors and patients that adherence to public health measures is still very important. Please find the latest measures online at: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures. Although the volume of reported, active COVID-19 cases is much lower across the province, it is important to remain vigilant in our precautions as people continue to be vaccinated. To get information on vaccination in your community in our region, visit www.nwhu.on.ca.
For those in Sioux Lookout looking for COVID-19 testing, please contact our Assessment Centre at 737-5880 to book an appointment. The Assessment Centre is receiving a high volume of calls so we remind the public to leave your name and phone number so we can call you back to book your appointment.