Our Services During COVID-19
Appointments for rehabilitation and cardiopulmonary services are still being scheduled. This includes fracture clinic, cardiac rehabilitation and outpatient occupational therapy. We remind patients to practice physical distancing while awaiting appointments in the rehabilitation department.
If coming to the hospital for outpatient appointments, rehabilitation and cardiopulmonary services, laboratory services or other services, please report to the registration area in the ambulatory care/canoe hallway after passing through our screening desk at the Main Entrance. The Main Entrance is open for all outpatients and their essential care partners for weekday appointments and services.
The ambulatory entrance remains closed at this time. The Emergency Entrance is open 24/7 for those coming into the Emergency Department or visiting inpatients.
(Updated February 2021)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) Rehabilitation Department is committed to quality patient care. We offer services to inpatients of SLMHC and to residents of the William A. Bill George Extended Care Facility.
In addition, we offer limited outpatient services to clients located in Sioux Lookout and its surrounding northern communities.
A referral for services from a physician or nurse practitioner is required.
The assessment, treatment and provision of therapies is provided by licensed staff comprised of physical therapists, occupational therapists, kinesiologists, rehabilitation assistants and a speech-language pathologist.
Services and programs offered are;
- Assess & Restore
- Assistive Devices (ADP)
- walk-in and ER brace fittings
- urgent outpatient physiotherapy services (acute soft tissue injuries, post-op MSK’s, acute fracture injuries, etc.)
- publicly-funded community physiotherapy (clients must meet criteria from MOH LTC)
- hand and upper extremity injuries
- Assisted Daily Living (ADL) assessments
- swallowing and dysphagia assessments
- modified barium swallows
- cardiac rehabilitation and education
- workplace ergonomic assessments
- job demands analysis
- facility wheelchair management
The Cardiopulmonary Department, which operates out of Rehabilitation Services, offers ECG’s, Holter Monitoring, ABI/TBI, Spirometry, Pulmonary Function Testing, Exercise Stress testing and Cardiac Rehabilitation & Education.
Specialty clinics offered and supported by the department include:
- On-site Fracture Clinic with telemedicine consultation from an orthopedic surgeon in conjunction with the Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Center Fracture Clinic
- Orthopaedic/Orthotics clinics with Thunder Bay Orthopaedics
The Rehabilitation Services Department is open Monday to Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (by appointment only).
For more information call: (807) 737-3030, Ext. 4650