The Traditional Healing, Medicine, Food and Supports Program (THMFS)) is a model for integrated First Nations hospital-based services. This program offers support and choice in healing approaches to our patients and clients. It is built on a strong foundation of culturally-responsive values and practices.
The five core components of the program include:
- Odabiidamagewin (Governance and Leadership)
- Wiichi’iwewin (Patient and Client Supports)
- Andaaw’iwewin egkwa Mashkiki (Traditional Healing and Traditional Medicines)
- Miichim (Traditional Foods)
- Bimaadiziwin (Cultural Awareness Training)
Our care is based on recognizing the relationship of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of all people.