If you are having a medical emergency, go to the nearest Emergency Department or call 911.
Not sure about COVID-19 symptoms? Have questions about COVID-19?
For more info and to stay informed on the status of cases in Sioux Lookout and our entire region, please visit the Northwestern Health Unit’s website.
Northwestern Health Unit’s COVID-19 hotline: 1-866-468-2240 (Monday to Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Other important numbers:
Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Showing COVID-19 symptoms;
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by your public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app;
- A resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by your local public health unit; and
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
Updated guidelines from the province indicate low risk, asymptomatic individuals should not be considered for COVID-19 testing. Those provincial guidelines state that only the following population groups can currently access a test at an assessment centre if they are asymptomatic:
- Residents or workers in long-term care homes
- Visitors to a long-term care home
- Residents or workers in homeless shelters
- International students that have passed their 14 day quarantine period
- Farm workers
- Indigenous communities
- Other setting-specific populations, as outlined by Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) guidance (e.g., asymptomatic cancer patients)
Patients with ANY of the following symptoms, that are new worsening or different from their usual state and not related to other known causes or conditions, should call the Sioux Lookout COVID-19 Assessment Centre, open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., to book an appointment:
- Shortness of breath *If you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911 immediately. Advise them of your symptoms and travel history.
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or nasal congestion (not due to seasonal allergies)
- New decreased loss of taste or sense of smell
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain
- Muscle aches, unexplained fatigue, malaise (general feeling of discomfort, weakness, or illness that has recently developed)
- Decrease or lack of appetite
- Pink eye
Contact the Sioux Lookout COVID-19 Assessment Centre
To book a COVID-19 test in Sioux Lookout, contact the COVID-19 Assessment Centre at:
Ph: (807) 737-5880
By Appointment Only (no walk-ins).
New Hours (effective June 23, 2020): Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you receive our voicemail, please leave a message with your name and phone number and someone will call you back to schedule your appointment.