Medical Laboratory Technician
The Certified Medical Laboratory Technician must be knowledgeable in the theory, technique and clinical application of the various procedures performed and must be skilled in the performance of those procedures. The Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant must conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with the Standards of Practice as described within the Medical Laboratory Professionals’ Association of Ontario (MLPAO).
- MLPAO Diploma or equivalent an asset or capable of completing certification within a specified time period
- Previous Work Experience In A Laboratory An Asset
- Phlebotomy Experience An Asset
- Course In Specimen Preparation And Handling And/Or Blood Procurement An Asset
- TDG – Transportation Of Dangerous Goods Knowledge An Asset
- Proficient Keyboarding And Word Processing Skills
- Ability To Deal With Public Effectively
- Flexibility In Performing Job Duties
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability To Speak Oji-Cree An Asset
- Current First Aid Or CPR An Asset
- Ability to work in a busy multidiscipline laboratory
- Sample preparation for analysis (labeling, accessioning, separation, centrifugation).
- Cleans and disinfects laboratory work areas and centrifuges.
- Maintains adequate laboratory inventory of supplies.
- Clerical duties, such as filing, statistics, answering phones.
- Packaging of Specimens for transport
- Filing of records, retrieval of files, Referral Lab reports.
- Patient Specimen collection
- Other duties as outlined in the job description
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
|Salary:||$27.58- $29.64; In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.