Registered Nurse (Med/Surge) (NF 83/21)
$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonus!
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is pleased to partner with HealthForceOntario (HFO) as an approved employer for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 retention bonus to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month, full-time commitment.
The RN is responsible to coordinate, assess, plan, provide interventions and evaluate care, utilizing the current Standards of Practice (RN College of Nurses of Ontario), in accordance with the hospital goals and objectives, for assigned patients.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic CPR certificate (BCLS) required
- Minimum one year experience preferred
- ACLS/PALS/NALS course and/or status preferred
- EKG/Dysrhythmia interpretation course/skill an asset. Good communication skills, non-judgmental manner, team player
- Good assessment skills
- Intravenous/venipuncture skills/certification
- Problem solving skills
- Crisis Intervention skills
- Provide assistance to and relief for all areas as required.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams
- Must be willing to work the present 12 hour shift rotation
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment with unpredictable situations
- Ability to cope with hazardous situations: exposure to chemicals, infectious disease, and treatment of confused/irrational/agitated/uncooperative patients
- Ability to self-reflect on practice and make adjustments based on both internal and external feedback
- Provide culturally competent and respectful care in accordance with hospital policy
- Other nursing duties
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|$37.93 - $54.37, in accordance with ONA Collective Agreement
|Submit Application To:
Human Resources Recruitment
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.