Summary of our Breastfeeding Policy
We promise that
- Our hospital has a breastfeeding policy.
- Our staff is educated about breastfeeding.
- We will talk with you about breastfeeding.
- We will help you start breastfeeding early.
- We will help you learn to breastfeed.
- You will be encouraged to feed your baby breastmilk.
- We will help you to ensure that your baby is always well fed.
- Unless it is medically required, your baby will always stay with you.
- You will be encouraged to breastfeed whenever your baby wants.
- We will not give your baby soothers unless it is medically required.
- We will make sure that you know how to get in touch with people that can help you with breastfeeding when you get home.
- We will respect and support however you choose to feed your baby.
For a full-version of our Breastfeeding Policy, please ask a staff member at SLMHC.