Porter Term (MTGM 06/21) 14 Months
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide general service to all wards and departments as instructed. Core duties will involve the transportation of records, equipment, specimens and supplies. Other responsibilities will include the distribution of clean linen, the removal of dirty linen, and observing all requisite health and safety regulations and policies. The Hospital Porter may also provide assistance in dealing with the public.
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent preferred
- Valid Class “G” license required and provide acceptable current driver’s abstract
- WHIMIS, Transportation Dangerous Goods training required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the position including extensive walking throughout the building and sites and the ability to lift 20+ lbs
- Ensure the safe and efficient transportation of patients, staff, supplies and medical equipment throughout and between the hospital sites
- Ensure safe delivery and transportation of medical charts & records, specimens, blood boxes, pharmacy and laboratory as required
- Must be available to work shifts as assigned, mainly afternoons
- Must be flexible in the job routine
- Works as a team member with other departments to complete tasks
- Other duties as assigned
|Salary:||$20.73 - $22.46|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||MTGM (06/21)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.