Respiratory Therapist (2 FT Terms) (NADMIN 12/22)
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking a Respiratory Therapist who within the scope of practice of Respiratory Therapists will work in collaboration with other disciplines. The Registered Respiratory Therapist will work collaboratively within an inter-professional team, with an ongoing standard of excellence and leadership in cardio-respiratory care, education and research.
- Member in good standing of the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- BCLS/ACLS/PALS preferred
- Pulmonary function testing preferred
- Recent critical care experience preferred
- Good interpersonal, communication, and critical thinking/problem solving skills required
- Flexible and willing to work in all patient care areas and complex continuing care
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Innovative, flexible, positive and progressive professional attitude required
- Willing to participate in educating patients and families
- Willing to participate actively in staff development, training and orientation/mentoring activities for staff and nursing staff
Job responsibilities involve assessing the needs of patients, developing and implementing plans of care in consultation with patient/family and the inter-professional health care team. Care provided will include such duties as patient respiratory, pulmonary (breathing) disorders and even emergency care, including artificial respiration, external cardiac massage and assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Alongside all this, the candidate will act as a strong advocate for professional and medical advancement and have a commitment to furthering their knowledge base through continuing education and life-long learning.
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 12/22
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.