Registered Practical Nurse (Telemedicine) (NF 05-22)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking a licensed RPN who is responsible to assess, plan & provide interventions, utilizing the current Standards of Practice (RPN college of Nurses of Ontario), in accordance with the hospital goals and objectives, for assigned patients.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, as a licensed Registered Practical Nurse required;
- Current Basic CPR certificate required;
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year experience preferred;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary care team as required;
- Experience with organizing and running clinics and educational activities preferred;
- Experience with telemedicine equipment and appointment scheduling;
- Previous training in teleophthalmology exams required;
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of position.
- Ability to provide appropriate nursing interventions as outlined by the College of Nurses RPN Scope of Practice
- Must be able/available to work assigned rotation (8 hour tours)
- Ability to prioritize and organize conflicting tasks and schedules
- Demonstrated multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
- Ability to communicate and work with others effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing situations
- Ability to work with OTN and Hospital online scheduling systems
- Ability to perform teleopthamology assessments
- Ability to work in a case management role
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
|Salary:||$28.99 - $31.17. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NF 05-22
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.