Registered Nurse (Day Medicine) (NF 17/22)
Under the general supervision of the Patient Care Manager, and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, the Day Medicine nurse is responsible for supporting acute medical interventions for patients being seen through ambulatory care services as well as in consultation with the Emergency Department.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a RN required.
- Current Basic CPR certificate (BCLS) required
- Must be a strong client advocate and demonstrate compassion;
- Intravenous/venipuncture skills/certification;
- Experience with telemedicine equipment and appointment scheduling preferred;
- Experience with organizing and running clinics and education activities preferred;
- Experience with advanced wounds preferred
- Good communication skills, non-judgmental manner, team player
- Good assessment, problem solving and crisis intervention skills;
- Provide assistance to and relief for all areas as required.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams.
- Must be willing to work the present 12-hour shift rotation.
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position.
- Responsibilities include: provide intravenous therapy, dressing changes/wound care, phlebotomy services, blood transfusions, iron infusions, provide assistance to physicians during lump and bump clinic, fracture clinic and specialty clinics, telemedicine services (clinical and educational), organize and implement hypertension education.
- Coordinates care of acute medical patients requiring close monitoring and care in an outpatient environment.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
- Other nursing duties as assigned
|Salary:||$34.24 - $49.02, in accordance with ONA Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||(NF 17/22)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.