Pharmacy Assistant (PHARM 05/23)
Under the direction of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Assistant monitors and maintains medication stock in the hospital, fills medication orders for in-patients, performs duties related to the vaccine program, and monitors controlled substances throughout the hospital. The Pharmacy Assistant may be delegated by the Pharmacist to prepare compounds and parenteral mixtures and perform unit-dose packaging of medications. The Pharmacy Assistant will work collaboratively with other professionals and all members of the interdisciplinary health care team at Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) to support and enhance the services of the pharmacy department and ensure the provision of safe, holistic, patient centered care to our clients.
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED required.
- Minimum one-year experience in pharmacy practice setting required.
- Pharmacy Assistant Certification or eligible for certification preferred.
- Knowledge of general pharmacy department functions, operations and responsibilities.
- Proficient in pharmaceutical terminology.
- Keyboarding/computer skills are required.
- Familiar with Pharmacy regulations and legislation.
- WHIMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification an asset.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Monitors and maintains medication stock in hospital.
- May be delegated to perform dispensing and compounding activities.
- Ability to provide technical and clerical assistance to pharmacist.
- Performs data management functions on purchasing records and financial information.
- Ability to work precisely, with attention to detail and without supervision.
- Completion of QUESS-360 compounding training and certification through
- GFS and Media Fill testing.
|Salary:||$25.57 - $30.95. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||PHARM 05/23
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.