Human Resources Assistant (Permanent)
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is a state-of-the-art community hospital in rural Sioux Lookout, Ontario. We aim to be a Centre of Excellence in First Nations and northern healthcare by working together to improve the health status of individuals, families and communities now and for generations to come. We are the healthcare hub for remote Northwestern Ontario, continuously growing and innovating to meet the needs of our 30,000 patients spread across over 600,000 square kilometers of sunset country. If you value Compassion, Respect, Quality, Teamwork, and are dedicated to excellence in your profession, this picturesque setting is the next step in your career!
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will provide the administrative/clerical support to the Human Resource Department.
- Opportunity to join a growing organization and be a key member of a highly motivated team of HR and healthcare professionals
- Opportunity to learn Human Resources job related tasks
- Certificate/Diploma in secretarial/business administration studies or a combination of education and experience preferred (Completion of High School Secondary Diploma will also be considered.).
- Healthcare administration experience is an asset
- Knowledge of office administration functions, interdepartmental liaison and public relations.
- Proven critical thinking, problem solving, time management and organizational skills developed in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well in a team environment.
- Functional knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement and acts as a positive representative of the organization
- Participates and assists in all aspects towards the successful administration of the Human Resource Department Initiatives.
- Effectively coordinates employee interviews and assists in general orientation and onboarding.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills through collaboration, and timeliness.
- Adheres to an established work schedule which has room for flexibility (i.e., extended hours, flexible schedule, modified work week, work-from-home, etc.).
- Provides assistance to the Human Resource Department and complete tasks within assigned timelines with little or no oversight/direction.
- Provides excellent customer service to all staff, stakeholders, patients and members of the public.
- Effectively communicates and enforces organizational policies and procedures to foster and maintain a safe and violence-free work environment.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
|Salary:||Commensurate with skills, experience and education|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 10/22
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.