Recreation-Activity Worker (NF 15/20)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking a Recreation/Activation Worker who will provide recreational and social activities that include, but not limited to, range of indoor and outdoor recreation, leisure and outings that are of a frequency and type to benefit all residents of the home and reflect their interest. The Recreation/Activation Worker will provide information to residents about community activities that may be of interest to them and assist and support to permit residents to participate in activities that may be of interest to them if they are not able to do so independently. The Recreation/Activation Worker will work in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure Resident care plans are focused with achievable goals, which promote quality of life, maintenance of optimal health, function and independence and fulfilling social, spiritual and leisure activities suitable for Residents’ abilities.
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED required
- Post secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field
- Computer skills required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others
- Ability to motivate staff and client and deal effectively with the public
- Must be reliable and conscientious
- Must be able to work weekends as required
- Complete personhood Assessment and develop programming reflective of these assessments
- Evaluating the programming to ensure the activities are meeting the needs of the patients
- Plan and implement activities for patients/residents of the Chronic Care and Alternative Level of Care
- Documents events, activities as well as one on one interactions daily.
- Provide a bi-weekly draft of activities to the Administrator.
- Resources & group activities to be shared between the activation worker of Extended Care and the Hospital Site.
- Communicate regularly with the nursing staff on the ward to plan activities and share information.
- Provide assistance to the nursing staff with preparing residents/patients for outings i.e. putting on jackets, hats, sun screen and insect repellent as needed.
- Responsible to book transportation as needed for planned activities.
- Utilize a team approach as Activation staff are to assist at meal times, answering call bells and assisting residents with minor daily tasks.
- Escort residents/patients on outings as assigned
|Salary:||$22.82 - $24.62. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||(NF 15/20)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.