Interpreter (On-Call) (TRP 04/20)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking an Interpreter who is responsible for providing interpreter services to those individuals who do not have English as their first language. The Interpreter ensures that the comfort, support, community interfaces, navigation and non-clinical assistance are in place to minimize cross cultural institutional and health system barriers. The Interpreter specifically assures complete bi-directional cultural and linguistic interpretation to optimize patient care, care planning and the delivery of care for the First Nation client receiving care within the Meno Ya Win Health Centre.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written in English)
- Proficient and Fluent in one or more Sioux Lookout area First Nation languages (Cree, Oji-Cree, Swampy Cree, Ojibway) required
- Demonstrated proficiency in the “interpretive process”
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive caring approach
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient with computers
- Medical Interpreter certificate an asset
- Ability to communicate in First Nation Syllabics an asset
- Provide telephone interpretation according to Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) policy and procedures.
- Articulate, report and document information accurately to convey patient’s questions, concerns and messages consistent with risk management directives and applicable protocols.
- Maintain accurate daily records on all requests for service as well as the provision of services.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to client care and visitor issues.
- The On-call Interpreter must be able to submit Interpreting logs online to Manager or designate within 12 hours of shift coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Salary:||$23.26 - $25.12; In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||TRP 04/20
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.