Clerk Typist II- Laboratory (LAB 10/21)
The Laboratory Clerk Typist II provides general reception support to assigned department as well as order entry, logging out/filing of referral results and managing then phone and fax machine.
- Education: Minimum Grade 12 and/or GED
- Ability to type 40 w.p.m. considered an asset.
- Proficient in the use of the Meditech system considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and procedures associated with lab processes an asset or willingness to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Must be discreet and maintain confidentiality and have strong time management skills.
- Required to operate basic office equipment such as fax, copier, printer, computer and telephone.
- Receiving and assisting incoming calls, taking and distributing messages.
- Greeting, confirming patient information and entering outpatient lab orders using Meditech.
- Cleaning and restocking laboratory supplies in outpatient area.
- Cleaning and use of centrifuge
- Ensure proper specimen labelling and handling of laboratory specimen prior to delivery to appropriate lab departments.
- Maintaining proper specimen integrity for referral samples.
- Logging out and filling referral lab reports.
- Maintaining pending referral report lists.
- Maintains adequate laboratory inventory of supplies.
- Data entry of specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others by practicing and promoting safe work habits and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||LAB 10/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.