Wiichi’iwewin Program Coordinator (NADMIN 18/21)
The Wiichi’iwewin Program Coordinator will coordinate and administer Wiichi’iwewin Program. The Wiichi’iwewin Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Lead for Indigenous Collaboration & Relations until such a time when a Traditional Programs Manager is hired.
- Certificate/diploma in secretarial/business administration or combination of education and experience is an asset.
- Minimum two years of experience as an InterpreterExcellent communication skills (oral and written in English)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the “interpretive process”
- Proficient and fluent in one or more Sioux Lookout Area First Nation dialects is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; with a positive caring approach
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues
- Proficient in computer skills; Microsoft Office (eg. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, QHR) and data processing software
- Excellent time management skills
- Abilities to communicate in First Nation Syllabics is an asset.
- Proven Coordination and management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Provide support to the Traditional Program team by ensuring all tasks are completed and routine processes are followed.
- Ensure interpretation services and navigation is provided when required.
- Maintain Interpreter schedule on the daily basis as accordance to collective agreement.
- Provide on-going communication with Residents, families, friends and staff members to ensure physical and emotional needs are met.
- Participate in on-going professional development.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to client care and visitor issues.
Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Salary:||Starting rate: $35.92 per hour|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 18/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.