Interpreter-Wiichi’iwe (Patient’s Supports)
$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonus!
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking a Wiichi’iwe (Patient’s Supports) who is responsible to provide support services to patients, clients and staff of the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre. The position requires conversational skills in Ojibway, Oji-Cree and Cree Languages. It is very important to maintain a cultural Interpreter role so that patients and clients experience excellent customer services in a safe and culturally appropriate environment.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written in English)
- Good understanding of one or more Sioux Lookout area First Nation languages (Cree, Oji-Cree, Ojibway) required
- Demonstrated proficiency in the “interpretive process”
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive caring approach
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient with computers
- Provide face to face interpretation and on-call interpretation in the target languages by:
- Delivering messages as faithfully as possible between the client (or resident, family member, substitute decision maker) with limited proficiency in English and the English-speaking healthcare provider
- Provide navigational services to patients, families and other support persons as required.
- Maintain accurate daily records on all requests for service as well as the provision of services.
- Must be willing to work assigned shifts including 8 hour rotation of day and evening shifts
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to client care and visitor issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Salary:||$23.26 - $25.12; In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||TRP 02/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.