Ward Clerk (NF 60/21)
The Ward Clerk performs a range of clerical duties to update and organize information on the nursing units. The Ward Clerk is responsible for efficient information flow and availability of information.
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED required
- Basic computer and office skills/knowledge required
- Medical terminology and/or previous experience an asset
- Ability to comprehend written and spoken direction and act on such in a logical and timely manner
- Ability to deal effectively with the public
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must be reliable and conscientious
- Acts as a resource to clinical leads
- Answer telephone, act as receptionist for unit
- Maintain confidentiality
- Prepare charts, input data to Meditech, file reports
- Photocopying, and faxing as required
- Handling and delivery of mail as required
- Rotations assigned are twelve (12) hour
- Other duties as assigned
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$21.59 – $23.36. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement;|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NF 60/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.