Systems Support Technician (IT 02/21)
The Systems Support Technician’s role is to manage and tune in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Post-secondary education the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office suites.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- The maintenance and ordering of supplies; monitoring preventative maintenance programs, issuing and tracking daily work orders.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Field incoming requests to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
|Salary:||Commensurate with qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||IT 02/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.