Staff Pharmacist (PHARM 04/21)
$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonus!
The Staff Pharmacist is accountable for the provision of direct patient care, ensuring the timely dispensing and delivery of medications, participation in the chemotherapy program, and provision of medication information for clients, staff and physicians at SLMHC. The Staff Pharmacist supervises the activities of the Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Aides, and Students and works collaboratively with the members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Licensure as a pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Completion of one-year hospital residency from an accredited program recommended
- Familiarity with the standards of practice established by OCP
- Knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Demonstrated communication skills, organizational competence and leadership skills.
- The staff pharmacist will be responsible for the safe and effective provision of pharmaceutical care, which consists of reviewing patients’ medication orders, communicating drug-related issues to other healthcare providers, and providing staff and patients with medication information.
- The staff pharmacist will be responsible for overseeing aspects of dispensing and compounding (including chemotherapy preparation) as well as the day to day operations within the department.
- Applicant must have good interpersonal, organizational skills and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Applicant must be able to work precisely, with attention to detail and without supervision
- Compiles statistical data and drug utilization information for use by the Manager of Pharmacy Services in the preparation of reports
|Salary:||$49.49 – $55.28. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||PHARM 04/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.