Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist (LAB 05/21)
- Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario
- Minimum five (5) year experience as General duty technologist required
- Current active registration with societies or associations
- Dependable, competent and continued ability to carry out responsibilities
- Demonstrate high level of professional responsibility
- Experience working in a chemistry department displaying good technical expertise
- Must be available to work weekends and take call
- General laboratory duties as required in the following departments: Hematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunohematology, Serology, Specimen procurement and handling an asset
- Will be responsible for troubleshooting, equipment maintenance, quality control, statistics, training, maintaining sufficient stocks and supplies, evaluation of new methods, revision of organization of workflow, all within the respective department in collaboration with the laboratory manager.
- Ensure that the Laboratory’s Total Quality Management and IQMH requirements are adhered to.
- Participation on various Lab and Hospital committees will also be required.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$34.86 - $45.46. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||LAB 05/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.