Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist (LAB 01/22)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking a registered MLT able to test clinical Laboratory specimens according to laboratory policies and procedures and assures that all quality control criteria have been met prior to reporting of test results.
- Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario
- Minimum five (5) year experience as General duty technologist preferred
- Current active registration with societies or associations
- Dependable, competent and continued ability to carry out responsibilities
- Demonstrate high level of professional responsibility
- Experience working in a transfusion department displaying good technical expertise
- Must be available to willing to work a 12-hour rotation
- General laboratory duties as required in the following departments: Hematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunohematology, Serology, Specimen procurement and handling an asset
- Will be responsible for troubleshooting, equipment maintenance, quality control, statistics, training, maintaining sufficient stocks and supplies, evaluation of new methods, revision of organization of workflow, all within the respective department in collaboration with the laboratory manager.
- Ensure that the Laboratory’s Total Quality Management and IQMH requirements are adhered to.
- Participation on various Lab and Hospital committees will also be required.
|Salary:||$34.11- $47.76. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement and will be placed in accordance to qualifications and experience after probation.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||LAB 01/22
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.