Senior Executive Assistant (NADMIN 03-21)
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Senior Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide-range of administrative and support duties in support of the organization’s executive team and Board of Directors. The successful applicant will serve as a mentor for the organization’s team of executive and administrative assistants and have the ability to manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This professional will provide effective and confidential administrative support while serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the President and CEO.
- Opportunity to join a growing organization and be a key member of a highly motivated team of healthcare professionals
- Exceptional pension plan (HOOPP)
- Green Shield benefits package
- Housing and relocation assistance available
- Funded professional development opportunities
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, Executive Assistant certification or a related field is preferred. Candidates who do not meet this criterion must be willing to complete a designated and subsidized program with a return-of-service commitment.
- At least five (5) years of recent and related experience supporting senior executives. Healthcare experience is a distinguishing asset.
- Superior knowledge of office administration functions, interdepartmental liaison and public relations.
- Proven critical thinking, problem solving, time management and organizational skills developed in a fast-paced working environment.
- Functional knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Adheres to an established work schedule which has room for flexibility (i.e., extended hours, flexible schedule, modified work week, work-from-home, etc.)
- Completes tasks within assigned timelines with little or no oversight/direction.
- Provides confidential executive support to the President and CEO and other senior executives as assigned.
- Screens visitors and employees to resolve routine matters and determining whether a meeting with the President and CEO is required.
- Provides excellent customer service to all stakeholders, patients and members of the public.
- Provides executive support to the Board of Directors in matters pertaining to the effective governance of SLMHC.
- Ability to problem-solve complex process and operational issues
- Coordinates event registration and travel arrangements for the CEO, members of the Board of Directors and other senior executives as assigned.
- Serves as a proactive role model of the behaviours characteristic of a leader in alignment with organizational Mission, Vision and Values.
- Coordinates, plans and provides oversight for new programs and special projects/events.
- Fosters, promotes and enables an environment of learning and professional development.
- Effectively communicates and enforces organizational policies and procedures to foster and maintain a safe and violence-free work environment
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 03/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.