Security Risk Manager (NADMIN 28/21)
The Security/Risk Manager is responsible for overseeing and the coordination of Security, Risk Management and Emergency response plans. This position is responsible to develop, implement and administer the day to day delivery of all Security, Emergency Response, and Risk Management programs for the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre. To provide a safe and secure environment for hospital patients, staff and visitors alike by monitoring and supervising activities and programs of subordinate staff. Advocates and seeks continuous support for integrating Security practices and concepts with SLMHC departmental administration, operations, and business practices.
This individual will create response plans for dealing with emergencies and will assure that the plans coordinate appropriately with local, provincial and federal regulations in the event of crisis. The manager will work toward safeguarding the overall security of the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre, its members, staff, patients, visitors and property whilst providing an effective and efficient security, and emergency response service.
- Current valid Ontario Security Guard license required
- Post-secondary education in the field of criminology, criminal law and Security administration.
- 2 year Law and Security or Police Foundations Course preferred
- 5 years prior security experience preferred (preferably in a Health Care Environment)
- Must have current valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract.
- Conflict Avoidance/Physical disengagement training preferred
- Use of Force certification preferred
- Hospital Aggression Response Training (with certification in Penil Restraint Systems) preferred
- Current Criminal Records Check is required
- Excellent computer skills
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality
- Ability to work on your feet for your entire shift
- Ability to speak / understand Oji-Cree is an asset
- Provides security services for the hospital in accordance with established Hospital standards, policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining the emergency response protocols.
- responsible for making recommendations to management on enhancements to processes or procedures, leaning reporting systems to assess risks associated with the operation, and making recommendations on how to manage liabilities
- Working knowledge of proper security and surveillance techniques
- Working knowledge of Principles and practices of emergency response, Use of Force, Hospital Aggression Response Training
- Ability to walk stand and sit for long periods of time
- Must be available to work all assigned shifts, including night shifts
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the position
- Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned
|Salary:||Commensurate with qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 28/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.