Security Guard (SCRT 01-21)
The Security Guard will be responsible for safeguarding the overall security of the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre, its staff, patients, visitors and property whilst also providing effective reception, security and emergency response services.
- Current valid Ontario Security Guard license required
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED required
- 2 year Law and Security or Police Foundations Course preferred
- 2 years prior security experience preferred (preferably in a Health Care Environment)
- Must have current valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract.
- Conflict Avoidance/Physical disengagement training preferred
- Use of Force certification preferred
- Hospital Aggression Response Training (with certification in Penil Restraint Systems) preferred
- Current Criminal Records Check is required
- Excellent computer skills
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality
- Ability to work on your feet for your entire shift
- Ability to speak / understand Oji-Cree is an asset
- Successfully pass all training component requirements and maintain certifications as required per regulation and hospital policy to perform you job duties.
- Working knowledge of proper security and surveillance techniques
- Working knowledge of Principles and practices of emergency response, Use of Force, Hospital Aggression Response Training
- Ability to walk stand and sit for long periods of time
- Must be available to work all assigned shifts, including night shifts
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the position
|Salary:||$21.59 - $23.36 per hour. Benefits in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||SCRT (01-21)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.