Registered Practical Nurse (SLDP)
The Foot Care RPN, following the scope of practice as set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) is responsible for assessing, planning, and providing nursing interventions to clients of the Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program (SLDP) and partner organizations.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, as a licensed Registered Practical Nurse required.
- Current Basic CPR certificate required.
- Advanced foot care certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year experience preferred.
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum 1 year successful experience in Diabetes Education.
- Good communication, interaction with staff and residents.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of position
- Ability to provide appropriate nursing interventions as outlined by the College of Nurses RPN Scope of Practice
- Must be available to work all shifts and sites as assigned
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Demonstrated multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
- Ability to communicate and deal with others effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing situations
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position
- Understanding the native culture and the ability to speak Oji-Cree is a definite asset.
- Travel to remote northern communities required (1-2 weeks per month)
- Due to the extensive training, there is a 1-2 year minimum commitment to the position.
- Provide foot care to patients with diabetes
- Provide 1200 foot care visits per year
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$28.52 - $30.66. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||SLDP 05/20
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.