Registered Practical Nurse Med/Surge N (NF 16/22)
*$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonus!*
**Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is pleased to partner with HealthForceOntario (HFO) as an approved employer for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 retention bonus to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month, full-time commitment.**
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking a licensed RPN who is responsible to assess, plan & provide interventions, utilizing the current Standards of Practice (RPN college of Nurses of Ontario), in accordance with the hospital goals and objectives, for assigned patients.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, as a licensed Registered Practical Nurse required
- Current Basic CPR certificate required
- Current pharmacology certificate required
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year experience preferred
- Good communication, interaction with staff and residents
- Ability to provide appropriate nursing interventions as outlined by the College of Nurses RPN Scope of Practice
- Must be available to work all shifts and sites as assigned
- Must be willing to work the present 12 hour shift rotation
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Demonstrated multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
- Ability to communicate and deal with others effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing situations
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position
- Understanding the first nation culture and the ability to speak Oji-Cree is a definite asset.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment with unpredictable situations
- Ability to cope with hazardous situations: exposure to chemicals, infectious disease, and treatment of confused/irrational/agitated/uncooperative patients
- Ability to self-reflect on practice and make adjustments based on both internal and external feedback
- Provide culturally competent and respectful care in accordance with hospital policy
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$28.99 - $31.17, In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||(NF 16/22)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.