Registered Nurse (OR Unit) (NF46/20)
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Basic CPR certificate (BCLS) required.
- ACLS course and/or status preferred.
- OR Certificate Course is required.
- OR Certificate Course and/or previous experience working in the OR unit will be required
- Minimum two year commitment in this role is required
- Good communication skills, team player
- Good assessment skills
- Intravenous/venipuncture skills/certification
- Problem solving skills
- EKG/Dysrhythmia interpretation course/skill
- Crisis Intervention skills
- Must be available to take OR call
- Must maintain protocols for OR/CSR
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of position
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment with unpredictable situations
- Ability to cope with hazardous situations: exposure to chemicals, infectious disease, and treatment of confused/irrational/agitated/uncooperative patients
- Ability to self-reflect on practice and make adjustments based on both internal and external feedback
- Provide culturally competent and respectful care in accordance with hospital policy
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
- Other nursing duties
|Salary:||$33.99 - $48.84; in accordance with ONA Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NF 46/20
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.