Registered Nurse (Emergency) (NF 66/21)
$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonus!
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic CPR certificate (BLS) required
- Minimum one year experience preferred
- ACLS/PALS/NALS/TNCC course and/or status preferred
- Triage/CTAS course preferred
- EKG/Dysrhythmia interpretation course/skill an asset
- Excellent communication skills, non-judgmental manner, team player
- Excellent assessment skills
- Intravenous/venipuncture skills/certification
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize based on acuity
- Exceptional crisis intervention skills including de-escalation techniques
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of position.
- Provide assistance to anD relief for all areas as required
- Perform triage, collect information, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans
- Ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Must be willing to work the present 12 hour shift rotation
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment with unpredictable situations
- Ability to cope with hazardous situations: exposure to chemicals, infectious disease, and treatment of confused/irrational/agitated/uncooperative patients
- Ability to self-reflect on practice and make adjustments based on both internal and external feedback
- Provide culturally competent and respectful care in accordance with hospital policy
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
- Other nursing duties
|Salary:||$34.24 - $49.02, in accordance with ONA Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NF 66/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.