Registered Nurse- Diabetes Educator (SLDP) (SLDP 03/20)
- The Diabetes Nurse Educator, following the scope of practice as set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of diabetes education services to clients of the Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program (SLDP) and partner organizations.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic CPR certificate (BCLS) required
- Advanced wound care / foot care preferred
- Minimum one year experience preferred
- Certified Diabetes Educator designation preferred
- Good communication skills, non-judgmental manner, team player
- Problem solving skills
- Crisis Intervention skills
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of position.
- Provide assistance to and relief for all areas as required
- Maintain flexible work hours
- Must travel north a minimum of 1 week per month
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams
- Must be willing to work the present shift rotation
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position
- Provide foot care, wound care, and diabetes education services in a variety of settings
- Other nursing duties as assigned
- Due to the extensive training involved in this position, a minimum of 1 year commitment is required
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$33.56 - $48.05, In accordance with ONA Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||SLDP 03/20
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.