Registered Nurse (CHEMO) (NF 02/24)
Reports To: Patient Care Manager
Under the general supervision of the Patient Care Manager, and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, the Chemo Registered Nurse will deliver high quality, evidence-informed care to clients. This individual must have the ability to guide patients through the cancer journey through all stages from diagnosis to the end-of-life. Will coordinate health care, deliver direct services, and educate
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a RN required.
• Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy certification (Recertification every two years)
• Current Basic CPR certificate (BCLS) required
• Must have ACLS course or be willing to obtain
• Certification in PICC line insertions or be willing to obtain
• Experience in Palliative Care preferred
• Experience with all types of CVAD preferred
• Minimum one (1) years’ experience
• Must be a strong client advocate and demonstrate compassion;
• Intravenous/venipuncture skills/certification;
• Experience with telemedicine equipment and appointment scheduling preferred;
• Experience with organizing and running clinics and education activities preferred;
• Experience with advanced wounds preferred
• Good communication skills, non-judgmental manner, team player
• Good assessment, problem solving and crisis intervention skills;
• Provide assistance to and relief for all areas as required.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams.
• Must be willing to work Monday through Friday
• Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position.
• Responsibilities include: provide pre-chemotherapy education, complete pre-chemotherapy patient work ups, provide education high quality chemotherapy care during sessions, provide intravenous therapy, dressing changes/wound care, phlebotomy services, blood transfusions, iron infusions, provide assistance to physicians during lump and bump clinic, fracture clinic and specialty clinics, telemedicine services (clinical and educational), organize and implement hypertension education.
• Coordinates care of acute medical patients requiring close monitoring and care in an outpatient environment.
• Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
• Other nursing duties as assigned
|$37.93 - $54.37
|Submit Application To:
Human Resources Recruitment
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.