Registered Nurse – (CCDC) (CCDC 01/21)
$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonus!
Under the general direction of the Manager of Rehabilitation and Chronic Disease Programs, the Diabetes Nurse Clinician provides enhanced support to patients registered to the Centre for Complex Diabetes Care (CCDC). The Diabetes Nurse Clinician plans, develops, implements and evaluates diabetes education services, diabetes monitoring, and foot/wound care. The Diabetes Nurse Clinician will work collaboratively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team at Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) and partner agencies to support and enhance the services of the CCDC, and ensure the provision of safe, wholistic, patient centered care to our clients.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic CPR certificate (BCLS) required
- ·Minimum one year experience in diabetes education/management role preferred
- Advanced/Diabetic foot care certification required
- Advanced wound care training preferred
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) designation required, or eligibility to obtain (minimum 800 hours providing diabetes education)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, non-judgmental manner, team player
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of position.
- Perform foot care, wound care, and diabetes education to patients registered to the CCDC and inpatient unit
- Act as a resource and expert for other staff, physicians, and outside agencies
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary care teams
- Other nursing duties as assigned, including assistance to and relief for all areas as required
- Maintain flexible work hours
- Must be willing to work the present shift rotation
- Regular and sustained attendance is essential for this position
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$34.24 - $49.02, in accordance with ONA Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||CCDC 01/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.