Porter (MTMG 01/22) – CASUAL
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide general service to all wards and departments as instructed. Core duties will involve the transportation of records, equipment, specimens and supplies. Other responsibilities will include the distribution of clean linen, the removal of dirty linen, and observing all requisite health and safety regulations and policies. The hospital porter may also provide assistance in dealing with the public.
- Valid Class “G” license required and provide acceptable current driver’s abstract
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be physically able to perform duties of the position including extensive walking throughout the building and sites and the ability to lift 20+ lbs
- Ensure the safe and efficient transportation of staff, supplies and medical equipment throughout and between the hospital sites
- Ensure safe delivery and transportation of medical charts & records, specimens, pharmacy and laboratory as required
- Must be flexible in the job routine
- Works as a team member with other departments to complete tasks
- Other duties as assigned
|Salary:||$20.73 - $22.46 per hour. Benefits in accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement + 18% in lieu of benefits|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||(NF 01/22)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.