Physiotherapist (REHAB 02/20)
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is a small, state-of-the-art community hospital in rural Sioux Lookout, Ontario. We aim to be a Centre of Excellence in First Nations and northern healthcare by working together to improve the health status of individuals, families and communities now and for generations to come. We are the healthcare hub for remote northwestern Ontario, continuously growing and innovating to meet the needs of our 30,000 patients spread across over 600,000 square kilometers of sunset country. If you value compassion, respect, quality, teamwork, and are dedicated to excellence in your profession, this picturesque setting is the next step in your career!
Reporting to the Manager of Rehabilitation & Chronic Disease Programs, the Physiotherapist (PT) will join an interdisciplinary team of rehabilitation and health professionals in the delivery of services in an acute care facility. Services/programs offered include inpatients, outpatient, Community Physiotherapy Clinic (OHIP), Assistive Devices Program (ADP), and Assess & Restore.
- Graduate from a recognized school of Physical Therapy
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO)
- Experience with assistive device/equipment assessment and prescription is considered an assetAbility to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary healthcare team
- Responsible for the assessment of clients, establishment and evaluation of treatment programs, and discharge for clients at the hospital site, outpatient programs (Community Physiotherapy Clinic, or other); may also include residents in the Long Term Care facility
- Development and implementation of preventative and therapeutic courses of intervention following current, evidence-based methods and practices
- Encouraging clients to assume responsibility for their health and participation in team approaches to health service delivery
- Maintain records in accordance with College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Provide clinical support/direction to rehabilitation assistants and support staff
- Prioritize patient safety
- Mentorship available
- Experience a wide scope of practice and broad range of experiences in a remote and underserviced setting
- Full pension plan with HOOPP, employer contribution of 126%
- Green Shield benefits package
- Funded professional development opportunities
- Eligible for up to $15,000 in Rehabilitation Professionals Incentive Grant Program
- Housing and relocation assistance available
|Salary:||$32.63 - $46.90. In accordance with CUPE collective agreement.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||REHAB 02/20
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.