Pharmacy Technician (PHARM 02/20)
Under the direction of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician monitors and maintains medication stock in the hospital, fills medication orders for in-patients, prepares compounds and parenteral mixtures, performs duties related to the vaccine program, and monitors controlled substances throughout the hospital. The Pharmacy Technician works within the scope of work and standards of practice for Pharmacy Technicians and is registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists. The Pharmacy Technician will work collaboratively with other professionals and all members of the interdisciplinary health care team at Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) to support and enhance the services of the pharmacy department and ensure the provision of safe, holistic, patient centered care to our clients.
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required;
- Pharmacy Technician candidates may be considered;
- Formal training in compounding of sterile preparation, and aseptic technique required;
- Chemotherapy experience an asset;
- Familiar with Pharmacy Legislation and Regulations;
- Knowledge of general pharmacy department functions, operations and responsibilities;
- Minimum one year experience in a pharmacy practice setting preferred.
- Preparation of pharmaceutical medications and accurate dispensing techniques;
- Knowledge in pharmaceutical terminology and keyboarding/computer skills;
- Ability to provide technical and clerical assistance to pharmacist;
- Proficient skills for data management functions on patient;
- Processing profiles, prescription orders, purchasing records and financial information;
- Ability to work precisely, with attention to detail and without supervision;
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
|Salary:||$24.75 - $30.04 In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||(PHARM 02/20)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.