Pharmacy Aide (PHARM 06/23)
Under the direction of a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician, the Pharmacy Aide monitors and maintains medication stock in the hospital monitors controlled substances throughout the hospital, completes disinfection and decontamination protocols for the sterile compounding facilities, receives and repackages stock, and assists with clerical activities as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED required
- Current or past certification with QUESS training for compliance with sterile compounding NAPRA standards.
- Knowledge of general Pharmacy department functions, operations and responsibilities an asset.
- One-year experience in Pharmacy practice setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving, decision-making and group process.
- Familiar with pharmacy legislation and regulations an asset.
- Supports hospital medication inventory control
- Assists in hospital medication distribution
- Responsible for decontamination of sterile compounding areas according to strict procedures and protocols
- Must be delegated by the Pharmacist to perform unit-dose packaging of medications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$23.42 - $25.34. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||PHARM 06/23
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.