Occupational Health Coordinator (NADMIN 13/20)
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is a state-of-the-art community hospital in rural Sioux Lookout, Ontario. We aim to be a Centre of Excellence in First Nations and northern healthcare by working together to improve the health status of individuals, families and communities now and for generations to come. We are the healthcare hub for remote Northwestern Ontario, continuously growing and innovating to meet the needs of our 30,000 patients spread across over 600,000 square kilometers of sunset country. If you value Compassion, Respect, Quality, Teamwork, and are dedicated to excellence in your profession, this picturesque setting is the next step in your career!
Reporting to the Occupational Health and Infection Control Manager, the Occupational Health Coordinator plans, coordinates and implements various employee health and wellness initiatives in alignment with current legislation, collective agreements and organizational policies of the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related field
- Certain diploma programs may be considered based on the nature of the program in combination with the candidate’s work experience
- Preference will be given to applicants with additional education and training in Occupational Health, return-to-work programs and workplace accommodation processes
- Functional knowledge of various health and safety regulations to include but not limited to: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Working knowledge of the application of employee benefits, compensation, absence management
- 2-3 years of experience in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary working environment with the flexibility to adapt to unanticipated occurrences and make quick decisions.
- Proven experience in healthcare or a unionized workplace is considered a distinguishing asset
- Must have a high level of emotional intelligence and ability to manage conflicting priorities and effectively resolve inter-personal conflict
- Excellent conflict resolution and change management skills
- Superior ability to manage multiple priorities and projects (time management) coupled with strong written and excellent verbal communication skill
- Enthusiastic team player with an ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Keen attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Professional attitude and ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times while upholding and enforcing SLMHC’s values of Compassion, Respect, Quality and Teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills through various mediums (in-person, phone, webinar sessions, email and written correspondence)
- Coordinates, hosts and manages effective team meetings when assigned
- In conjunction with the Occ Health and Infection Control Manager, plans, organizes, and implements high quality return to work, accommodation, employee health, wellness, and training programs
- Provides advice to the departmental managers on various employee wellness and return-to-work initiative in alignment with legislation, organizational policies and best practices
- Ability to problem-solve complex processes, manage operational and inter-personal issues and conduct detailed risk analysis
- Maintains strict adherence to organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Adheres to and upholds a Code of Ethics commensurate with professional expectations of regulatory bodies or professional associations (if applicable)
- Adopts a proactive approach towards the identification, analysis and improvement of inefficient/inappropriate Occupational Health practices
- Ensures consistency in the application of workplace legislation and organizational policies for employees, colleagues and members of the leadership team
- Remains up-to-date and capable of effective interpretation and communication of workplace legislation, policies and collective agreements
- Practices safe and healthy work behaviours such as wearing of PPE and prompt reporting to prevent potentially unsafe situations
|Salary:||Will commensurate in accordance qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 13/20
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.