Nurse Practitioner (NADMIN 06/24)
Full Time, Non-Union
Department: Emergency Department
Reports To: Patient Care Manger
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (Primary Health Care or Adult) and entitled to practice
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of patient centered care
• Regular attendance at work is imperative; therefore, all applicants will have to demonstrate a good attendance record to be considered for this position
• Practicing as a care partner on interdisciplinary teams
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• SLMHC is committed to delivering health care in a manner that is consistent with patient and family centered care. Applicants are required to have a demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to this care philosophy. Candidates will have demonstrated adherence to SLHMC Code of Conduct.
• Maintains confidentiality and acts in an ethical manner, consistent with professional expectations, and the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Hospital policies and code of conduct
• Is a member of the primary care team and seeks appropriate consultation as required
• Engages in ongoing professional development, maintains clinical competence
• and currency with legislation affecting her/his practice
• Develops in-depth expertise in leadership
Job Duties Continued:
• Holds professional liability protection.
• Maintains CPR certification designed for health-care professionals and standard.
• Provides comprehensive primary care to patient/residents as part of the interdisciplinary health care team.
• Increases continuity of care through collaboration, consultation and referral as appropriate:
A) Collaborates and consults with physicians, nursing staff, interdisciplinary team members and external resources regarding plan of care for inpatient and outpatients.
B) Assists, supports, guides and provides consultation to manager, nursing staff and interdisciplinary team members regarding challenging clinical situations.
C) Makes referrals to specialized consultants, services and other health providers in consultation with MRP.
D) Accepts referrals from interdisciplinary team members.
• Performs a person-centered health assessment of residents and patients annually and as needed
• Conducts person-centered comprehensive health histories.
• Engages with the resident/patient in regular dialogue about their care plan.
• Participates in regular care conferences.
• Orders and/or performs appropriate screening and diagnostic investigations, interpreting results and assuming responsibility for follow-up in consultation with MRP.
• Diagnoses acute and chronic health conditions.
• Manages the care of patient by providing pharmacological, complementary and/or counselling interventions, and performs procedures within the NP scope of practice.
• Advocates for and provides palliative and end-of-life care.
• Documents clinical data, assessment findings, diagnoses, plans of care, therapeutic interventions, resident responses and clinical rationale in a timely and accurate manner.
• Utilizes communication and counselling skills.
A) Engages residents/patients in dialogue to determine what is important to them for health and quality of life.
B) Provides person-focused health education.
• Collaborates with the patient to develop a person-centered plan of care.
|The salary range for this position will be in line with the OHA compensation structure.
|Submit Application To:
Human Resources Recruitment
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.