Medical Laboratory Technologist (LAB 01/20)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking a registered MLT able to test clinical Laboratory specimens according to laboratory policies and procedures and assures that all quality control criteria have been met prior to reporting of test results.
- Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario or be eligible for registration;
- Must have ability to work in Hematology, Transfusion Medicine, Chemistry, Microbiology and Immunology;
- Minimum one year experience as a general duty technologist an asset;
- General hospital experience is an asset.
- General laboratory duties as required in the following departments: Hematology, Transfusion Medicine, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Immunology;
- Specimen procurement and handling;
- Must be available to work flexible shifts;
- Dependable, competent and continued ability to carry out responsibilities;
- Demonstrate high level of professional responsibility;
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of position.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
- Housing and relocation assistance available.
- Full pension plan with HOOPP, employer contribution of 126%
- Greenshield benefits package.
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||(LAB 01/20)
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.