Manager (Laboratory Services) (NADMIN 15/21)
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) is a state-of-the-art community hospital in rural Sioux Lookout, Ontario. We aim to be a Centre of Excellence in First Nations and northern healthcare by working together to improve the health status of individuals, families and communities now and for generations to come. We are the healthcare hub for remote Northwestern Ontario, continuously growing and innovating to meet the needs of our 30,000 patients spread across over 600,000 square kilometers of sunset country. If you value Compassion, Respect, Quality, Teamwork, and are dedicated to excellence in your profession, this picturesque setting is the next step in your career!
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Support Services, the Manager of Laboratory Services is accountable for the organization, management and leadership of the Laboratory department within the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC). Through the use of leadership skills, management tools, an understanding of the decision making process and the responsible use of resources, the Manager leads the department in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of services in alignment with organizational goals and objectives to ensure quality clinical care. The Manager works collaboratively with all members of the medical, nursing and allied health departments of the SLMHC and reports to the Director of Clinical Support Services.
- Opportunity to join a growing organization and lead a highly motivated team of healthcare professionals
- Leading pension plan (HOOPP)
- Five (5) weeks of paid vacation (starting)
- Green Shield benefits package
- Housing and relocation assistance available
- Funded professional development opportunities
- Graduate of a Medical Laboratory Technology Program
- Registered with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario
- Current knowledge in concepts and trends in health care and change management and the Standards of the Institute for Quality Management in Healthcare (IQMH)
- Knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in general laboratory services; experience in management or supervisory responsibilities considered an asset
- Formal training in management or willingness to learn
- Responsible for overall planning, development and delivering of laboratory services in the Sioux Lookout region in accordance with recognized standards and corporate policies/objectives of SLMHC
- Participates in the implementation of departmental/organizational goals
- Provides leadership and direction, in collaboration with the director, for all staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives, in alignment with the organizations goals and objectives
- Serve as a link between management and employees while maintaining a high level of communication across the organization
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and continuous improvement and acts as a positive representative of SLMHC
- Uses a client centered approach to oversee the planning and implementation of quality care
- Monitors allocation and effective use of available resources so that the standards of care and laboratory practice will be met
- Build and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training sessions while adhering to a professional development plan
- Uses a collaborative approach with other members of the interdisciplinary team to identify and resolve issues through effective problem solving, conflict resolution, accommodation, and consensus, as appropriate.
- Develops department goals, objectives, and performance management systems
- Provides leadership to standards, best practices, and quality improvement in laboratory services
- Ability to problem-solve complex issues with coaching and mentorship
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills through collaboration, timeliness and quality advice
|Salary:||Salary to commensurate with skills, experience and education|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 15/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.