Kinesiologist (SLDP 04/21)
Department: Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program
Reporting to the Manager of Rehabilitation & Chronic Disease Programs, the Kinesiologist will work collaboratively with members of the interdisciplinary health care team, community agencies and external partners to support and enhance the services of the Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program and Centre for Complex Diabetes Care. The Kinesiologist will provide diabetes education and self-management strategies to a diverse population through individual and group sessions within the hospital and out in community settings. The Kinesiologist will travel to remote and isolated communities with the interdisciplinary team to maximize reach in a way that promotes compassion, respect, quality, and teamwork.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Masters in Kinesiology or equivalent
- Registered or eligible for registration within 3 months with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (CKO)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) designation, or eligible and willing to write the exam required.
- Previous experience in chronic disease self-management programs preferred
- Basic computer knowledge/skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interprofessional team environment
- Willingness to participate in patient and staff professional development to maintain current knowledge and skill
- Work as an interdisciplinary team member to support the overall goals and objectives of the Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program (SLDP) and the Centre for Complex Diabetes Care teams.
- Develop and implement programming for SLDP clients based on best practice guidelines, individual and community needs.
- Responsible for the assessment, treatment, education and management of patients utilizing either individual or group sessions.
- Participate in and contribute to staff education programs and committees within the health centre;
- Participate in interdisciplinary patient care rounds;
- Participate in and contribute to continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Responsible to compile statistical reports and maintain workload data.
- Travel to remote northern communities is required (land and air).
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
|Salary:||$30.12 - $40.94. In accordance with CUPE collective agreement.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||SLDP 04-21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.