Interpreter (TRP 05/20)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is seeking an Interpreter who is responsible for providing interpreter services to those individuals who do not have English as their first language. The Interpreter ensures that the comfort, support, community interfaces, navigation and non-clinical assistance are in place to minimize cross cultural institutional and health system barriers. The Interpreter specifically assures complete bi-directional cultural and linguistic interpretation to optimize patient care, care planning and the delivery of care for the First Nation client receiving care within the Meno Ya Win Health Centre.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written in English)
- Proficient and Fluent in one or more Sioux Lookout area First Nation languages (Cree, Oji-Cree, Swampy Cree, Ojibway) required
- Demonstrated proficiency in the “interpretive process”
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive caring approach
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient with computers
- Medical Interpreter certificate an asset
- Ability to communicate in First Nation Syllabics an asset
- Provide bi-directional interpreting services to patients, residents, family and all service provider at SLMHC & ECU.
- Articulate, report information accurately to convey the client’s questions, concerns and messages consistent with risk management directives and reports related to client data.
- Maintain accurate daily records on all requests for service as well as the provision of services.
- Must be willing to work assigned shifts including 8 and12 hour rotation of day and night shifts
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to client care and visitor issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$23.26 - $25.12; In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||TRP 05/20
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.