Infection Prevention and Control (ICP) Coordinator
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical support services and in collaboration with the Occupational Health Coordinator the Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator will be responsible for gathering/analyzing data and advising Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) departments and leadership on best practices as it relates to infection prevention and control. The Coordinator will support Leadership with expertise in infection prevention and control.
SLMHC is providing a recruitment bonus of $2,500 after a successful probation, plus an additional $2,500 after one-year completion!
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario or other health sciences background.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a health care setting.
- Previous experience in Infection Control and Health preferred.
- Certified in Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) preferred or willing to obtain
- Certified in Infection Control (CIC®) from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC) or willing to obtain.
- Current knowledge in concepts and trends in Occupational Health and Safety Legislation preferred
- Knowledge and experience in microbiology, asepsis, disinfection/sterilization, infectious disease, critical appraisal of literature, surveillance and epidemiology.
- Ability to monitor, detect, manager clusters of infection disease and be proactive in preventing outbreak situations
- Ability to act as a consultant in decision-making and perform activities in an ethical manner
- Experience in the development of policies and procedures with preference to experience specific to the IPAC program
- Ability to act as a resource and develop materials for the IPAC program
- Demonstrated experience in providing adult educational in-services
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or as a team
- Ability to partner with the Manager, Leadership and both internal and external partners to collaborate on communicate communicable disease issues
- Proven track record in adapting and managing change in a rapidly changing environment and managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated abilities in critical thinking, problem solving, team building, conflict resolution, decision making, managing change and group process.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- High degree of computer proficiency and efficiency in computer programs (MS Office, excel Power point) is required for this position
- To protect clients/patients/residents from HAIs, resulting in improved survival rates, reduced morbidity associated with infections, shorter length of hospital stays and a quicker return to good health; and
- To prevent the spread of infections from patient-to-patient, from patients to health care providers, from health care providers to patients, from health care providers to health care providers and to visitors and others in the health care environment.
- Management of critical data and information, including surveillance for nosocomial and other infections
- Implementation of evidence-based practice, standards and guidelines through setting-specific policy and procedure
- Direct interventions to prevent the transmission of infection, including outbreak prevention and control
- Education and training of health care providers, clients/patients/residents and their families
- Timely communication of infection-related issues and relevant practices to leaders and staff to facilitate improvement
- Ongoing evaluation and continuous improvement of the IPAC program.
- Provide both nursing and administrative support to the Occupational Health & Infection Control Department
- Act as a lead and resource in Infection Control Best Practices throughout the organization with the Leadership, Physicians, and Employees
- Support management of all WSIB claims related to workplace safety, insurance claims and short and long term disability claims
- Provide and assist with the general duties carried out in Occupational Health
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
- Support the occupational health programs (including healthy workplace policies, immunization services, modified work, benefit eligibility review and accommodations)
|Salary:||To commensurate with education and experience.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.