Human Resources Officer (NADMIN 10/20)
Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is a state-of-the-art community hospital in rural Sioux Lookout, Ontario. We aim to be a Centre of Excellence in First Nations and northern healthcare by working together to improve the health status of individuals, families and communities now and for generations to come. We are the healthcare hub for remote Northwestern Ontario, continuously growing and innovating to meet the needs of our 30,000 patients spread across over 600,000 square kilometers of sunset country. If you value Compassion, Respect, Quality, Teamwork, and are dedicated to excellence in your profession, this picturesque setting is the next step in your career!
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Officer (HRO) is responsible for the day-to-day functional execution of organizational HR goals, objectives and strategies in collaboration with SLMHC departmental managers. The HRO will provide subject matter expertise to assigned departmental managers in areas of recruitment, job interviews, talent and performance management, succession planning, education and training, health and safety, labour relations, collective bargaining, interpretation of labour legislation and workplace restoration/dispute resolution.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations and/or Business Administration required.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation considered a distinguishing asset.
- At least two (2) years of working experience a Human Resources department. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a healthcare and/or unionized environment.
- Practical knowledge of functional HR applications to include: talent acquisition, recruitment, employment interviews, employee engagement, labour relations, policy and procedure development, performance evaluations, workplace investigations and discipline.
- Proven critical thinking, problem solving, time management and organizational skills developed in a fast-paced working environment.
- Functional knowledge of HR-related legislation (i.e., Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of HRIS and MS Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement and acts as a positive representative of the organization
- Implements the goals and objectives for the department which are in alignment with the strategic objectives of the hospital, industry trends and legislative requirements.
- Assists in all aspects of successful administration of Collective Agreements, including grievances, negotiations, ratification of union contracts and arbitration hearings
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and performance management systems and improvement tracking systems.
- Ability to problem-solve complex human resources/labour relations/inter-personal issues with coaching and mentorship
- Effectively coordinates employee interviews, general orientation, onboarding and out clearance in addition to performance, discipline and attendance support meetings
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills through collaboration, timeliness and quality advice
- Proactively seeks opportunities for continuous professional development and willingness to complete a variety of subsidized education/training courses
- Effectively handles employee complaints, grievances and disputes
- Ability to negotiate settlements of appeals and disputes and, when necessary, coordinate the discipline/termination process
- Opportunity to join a growing organization and be a key member of a highly motivated team of HR and healthcare professionals
- Exceptional pension plan (HOOPP)
- Green Shield benefits package
- Housing and relocation assistance available
- Funded professional development opportunities
|Salary:||Starting at $60,000 annual, Commensurate with skills, experience and education|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 10/20
Please quote on your application.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.