Hospital Discharge Planner/Bed Utilization (NADMIN 14/21)
- Appropriate health care diploma and associated registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience in working with community organizations and resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience in working with an Interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience with patient flow including the inpatient unit and emergency department.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to First Nations language and culture an asset.
- Experience working in a case management model of care an asset.
- Ability to speak Ojibway/Oji-Cree/Cree an asset
- Work to facilitate patient flow within the organization
- Provide support to frontline staff to ensure quality of care
- Patient repatriation coordination from other facilities.
- Work to facilitate care planning and discharges within the hospital setting.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the team to provides services that are individualized and tailored to address the client and family needs and preferences through referral and collaborative strategies.
- Deliver case management services to patients in a hospital setting.
- Work with families and community agencies to navigate and improve transition between services for all patients.
- Working with community agencies to improve outcomes for young families.
- Develop supportive programming to meet the needs of the patients and families serviced. (Palliative Care, Cognitive supports).
- Facilitate professional development for providers in the areas of social support, quality of life and end of life care.
- Perform post discharge follow up communication to evaluate services provided
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||Salary and Benefits in accordance with qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 14/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.