ER Clinical Coordinator (NADMIN 19/23)
The ER Clinical Coordinator is accountable for the organization and leadership of the ER/departments as designated by the Patient Care Manager. Through the use of leadership skills, management tools and an understanding of the decision-making process, the ER Clinical Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Patient Care Manager and the Nursing units to achieve departments goals keeping in mind the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization as well as “Standards and Best Practices. The ER Clinical Coordinator works collaboratively with all members of the Health Services and Interdisciplinary Team.
· Professional designation as Registered Nurse required
· Current knowledge in concepts and trends in health care and change management.
· Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Working knowledge of Emergency Department.
· Minimum four years’ experience in acute/long term care and/or health care management preferred.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adapt to unanticipated occurrences and make quick decisions.
· Excellent conflict resolution and change management skills.
· A superior ability to manage multiple priorities and projects (time management) coupled with strong written and excellent verbal communication skills.
· An enthusiastic team player with an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· Keen attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy.
· Overall, a professional attitude and ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times while upholding and enforcing SLMHC’s values of Compassion, Respect, Quality and Teamwork
· Promote and demonstrate effective use of organization/departmental reporting structures and relationships.
· Understand and support the Client centered-care philosophy of the organization, the department and the unit.
· Promote and adhere to the philosophy of the Standards of Care, Standards of Professional Nursing Practice, Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities and the Code of Ethics.
· Responsible for monitoring and evaluating continuity and standard of care provided to clients.
· Provide guidance to resolve clinical, ethical, and moral issues within the departments.
· Evaluate the performance of area staff, with input received from the Patient Care Manager, Clinical Nurse Educator, and staff. Coach or take corrective action as appropriate.
· Provide support to the Patient Care Managers, RNs, other Clinical Managers and staff, as designated.
· Direct and coordinate actions of others in an emergency situation.
· Support and contribute to the philosophy, mission statement, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the Sioux Lookout Meno-Ya-Win Health Centre.
· Consistently demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including respect for and valuing the abilities of other team members.
· Provide leadership and direction in collaboration with Patient Care Managers, the RNs/RPNs and departmental staff to achieve unit and area goals and objectives, supporting corporate goals and objectives.
· Use a collaborative approach with other members of the interdisciplinary team to resolve patient care, staff and family issues through effective problem solving, conflict resolution, accommodation and consensus, as appropriate.
· Work collaboratively with the Patient Care Manager, Clinical Nurse Educator and others to uphold the Client Care Standards and ensure the effective functioning of the departments.
· Represents the departments/corporation externally in a professional capacity as opportunities occur.
· Establish and ensures the maintenance of a positive practice environment in which staff are encouraged and expected to achieve their full individual and team potential.
· Demonstrate a positive attitude toward changes/improvement within the Strategic Plan of the organization.
· Demonstrate positive and effective change leadership skills.
· Coach, mentor and support department staff in creative problem solving and conflict resolution.
· Act as a role model for other staff by consistently demonstrating a positive, professional, client-focused approach to care.
· Oversee completion of incident reports and other tasks as assigned by the Patient Care Manager of ER patients and issues, and follows up with staff as appropriate.
|Salary:||Salary and Benefits in accordance with qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NADMIN 19/23
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.