Diabetes Dietitian Clinician (Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program)
The Diabetes Dietitian Clinician is responsible for the assessment, education, treatment, and ongoing care of clients in the Sioux Lookout catchment area who are living with diabetes. This includes collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team to optimize client self-management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Nutrition or equivalent.
- Completion of Dietetic Internship
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario, or eligibility to obtain.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) required, or willing to obtain within one year.
- Membership in the Diabetes Educators Section of the Canadian Diabetes Association preferred
- Develops, implements, and evaluates comprehensive, interdisciplinary teaching programs and follow-up for diabetes management.
- Contributes to development and delivery of workshops related to nutrition and diabetes education needs of clients.
- Counsels clients in regards to nutritional needs on an individual basis.
- Fosters and maintains effective working relationships with all segments inclusive of internal and external partners and communities.
- Contributes to the development, evaluation and revision of the purpose, philosophy, goals, objectives, and operating strategies for Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program, consistent with SLMHC’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and interpreting policies and procedures for Sioux Lookout Diabetes Program.
- Acts as a nutritional resource person for clients, their families, other health professionals and support agencies.
- Assumes responsibility for own development and maintenance of clinical competence.
- Ensures safety is a priority.
- Travel to northern First Nations communities to provide nutrition education, direct client care and community capacity building programs (1 to 2 weeks per month)
- Maintains accurate, comprehensive statistics. Maintains relevant records, files and charts with pertinent nutritional information.
- Maintains a research-based practice and participates in research projects, as appropriate.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
|Salary:||Commensurate with qualifications and experience.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||SLDP 02/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.