Counselor (MHAP 07/21)
Job Summary: The Mental Health and Addictions Program Counselor provides individuals, groups, and families with counseling therapy for a wide range of mental health needs including clinical disorders, trauma, substance abuse, and crisis intervention/safety planning. Our ideal candidate is:
- Interested in helping to grow a robust mental health practice in a culturally diverse rural community.
- Excited by the opportunity to continue learning and gain experience in the field of mental health.
- Motivated to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to promote mental health and wellness for our patients and our community.
- Inspired by the Mission, Vision, and Values of SLMHC.
We offer an extensive compensation package with dedicated focus on employee health and wellness. We’re pleased to provide our employees:
- A recruitment bonus of $2,500 after probation, plus an additional $2,500 after one-year of employment
- Ongoing retention monetary bonuses
- Extensive employer-paid cultural training, and continuing education
- Excellent dental and health coverage, and Employee Assistance Program
- HOOPP pension plan, the employer matches employee contributions
- Flexible work schedule, continuing work-life balance initiatives
- Post-secondary education in the area of Social Work, Psychology, Social Services, Drug and Alcohol, or other Human Services.
- Registration or eligibility to register with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (if a social worker) or another recognized professional counselling college is required
- Current knowledge of child protection/ reportability requirements
- 1-2 years related experience is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with First Nations an asset
- Provide mental health & addiction counselling and case management services in various hospital inpatient / outpatient and community-based settings in accordance with legislation, and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Target group for these services will be across the lifespan from prenatal to seniors.
- Assesses individual needs and assists clients to improve functioning in the community.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Provides services that are individualized and tailored to address clients’ current needs and preferences.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
|Salary:||$28.71-$38.69; In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.