Counselor (MHAP 05/21)
The Mental Health and Addictions Program Counselor works with patients to promote optimum mental and emotional health. The Counselor provides individuals, groups and families with counseling / therapy for a wide range of psychological and / or emotional problems such as mental disorders, trauma, substance abuse and family situations. The Counselor will provide mental health and addictions counselling, especially crisis intervention in the emergency department.
- Masters, Bachelors or Diploma in the area of Social Work, Psychology, Social Services, Drug and Alcohol, or other Human Services.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (if a social worker) or another recognized professional counselling college is required
- Current knowledge of child protection/ reportability requirements.
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with First Nations an asset
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotations (4 on, 5 off)
- Provide mental health & addiction counselling and case management services in various hospital inpatient / outpatient and community-based settings in accordance with legislation, and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Target group for these services will be across the lifespan from prenatal to seniors.
- Assesses individual needs and assists clients to improve functioning in the community.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Provides services that are individualized and tailored to address clients’ current needs and preferences.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary
|Salary:||$28.71-$38.69; In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.